I am a Los Angeles-based twentysomething. I have a profession, and I have a secret life in music, and this blog isn't about any of that. I like Blogger because I can't read what you're thinking.
I Approve Of These Links
- A Blog Supreme
- Piano Jazz
Thursday, April 22
(SOME REALLY UNNECESSARY AND EXPENSIVE) STUFF
- When my car was stolen last August, the assholes also took my car stereo. I have since had nothing but a couple external speakers and an old iPod in my car. This needs to change soon.
- I also need to change my two front tires. They are virtually bald. This needs to change soon.
- I also have a crack in my windshield that is progressively getting longer. Where it came from, I do not know.
- Now that I think about it, I should probably just buy a new car. That'll be a little more difficult. Feasible, though.
- I'd also like a Macbook Pro. I've wanted to convert from PC to Apple for quite sometime (I think it happened when I went from "arrogant PC-building nerd" to "practical" some years ago). I hear there are financing options for that. I'm a Jew when it comes to splurging (I always feel strangely guilty buying things for myself, and I don't know where that's rooted) but a Macbook Pro? I can get used to that. Combine that with a purchase for CS5 AND HOLY SHIT I CAN ACHIEVE WORLD DOMINATION.
- I still need a desk.
- A new iPod would be nice. But even the largest capacity iPod touch isn't enough to hold a quarter of my jazz collection. And my pop collection is at least triple of that. That will have to wait.
- Hollywood Bowl subscriptions are actually very cost-effective entertainment. That's, like, 35% in savings alone. I will not miss Earth, Wind & Fire this time around.
- I need a haircut. I'm kind of tired of my hair being a daily topic of conversation with people. I'm not trying to look like a mad scientist. I'm just lazy for vanity and my hair looking like a mess has worked in my favor for quite some time. I think that'll have to change.
- I'm going to record myself playing some more piano songs in the next few days. If people like it, cool. If people don't, I won't care. This stuff gives me purpose. Yay art!!!