<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3640593\x26blogName\x3dHugo+Stop\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://hugostop.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://hugostop.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8093545002261338892', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

 



I am a Los Angeles-based twentysomething. I have a profession, and I have a secret life in music, and this blog isn't about any of that. I like Blogger because I can't read what you're thinking.

I Approve Of These Links

- A Blog Supreme
- AdamRiff
- AdFreak
- Hermitology
- Losanjealous
- Piano Jazz


Monday, August 23   >>

LIKE A MICROBOSS

#mayermehldau

Better than I could have imagined. I was flipping out all weekend wondering what they'd play together, and when they did, it was like, "Oh, duh. Of course they'd do this." It was exactly what you'd think it'd be: Mayer pop-blues vocal over Mehldau's introspective voicings. Euphoric. And I was only one beer in.

On that note:

#paid35dollarsinbeer
#kindofridiculous
Find it on YouTube.

----

I realized last night that The Girlfriend is my opposite music nerd. Granted, I have other theoretically-proficient music nerd friends (like MAJOR dorks), but, looking back, The Girlfriend is pretty pro-status at being a music nerd. I haven't given her enough credit for being truly legit in that aspect.

She's a Nazi when it comes to song endings. She will unapologetically put a cold value on an artist simply on the way they end their songs. She also laughs at modulations. SHE IS THE SHIT AND SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND. HELL YEAH.

This ranks up on The Smith's level of amazingness: His girlfriend of a few months not only digs his epic nerd lifestyle (we're talking serious cos play, massive amounts of tech fandom, traveling to Penny Arcade Expo in a few weeks, etc.) but he also got her to be an active player in his D&D circle. The Smith is AN HERO.

"John Mayer should just shut up and play music." I agree, The Girlfriend. I agree like you have no idea.

If Rufus Wainwright were straight, I think she's break up with me and go after him instead. I wouldn't blame her.